Walk with me
Whether you are in to portrait, lifestyle,streetstyle or conceptual photography the world with its unique corners,streets and nature give us a plenty of the opportunities to explore almost all the areas of the photography. If you are into capturing the essence of a city in one photograph,or exploring the abstract details and forms made in photography then this one day class is for you. This basicly hands-on approach allows you to get in straight away, learning as you walk and shoot. You’ll develop all the skills you need to create stunning photography.I will give you the techniques and the vision to look beyond first look of life and create authentic and original images.
In this half day workshop we’ll wander through streets and squares and hidden corners of beautiful city of Barcelona where it’s the perfect place to work on your photography techniques, so at the end you will have some great-looking photos. We will walk trough Palau de Musica Catalana, Antic Teatre, Mercat de Santa Caterina , Museu Picasso and Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar and more. Our photo juourney will end at Museu de Historia de Cataluna. The focus of the tour will be on the fields of architecture, street style and documentary but also abstraction and art.
We’ll practice spotting photo opportunities, and we’ll work on developing a better understanding of the components of a great image. We’ll look at the technical aspects of photography—composition, exposure, light, and focus. At the end of the workshop I’ll help you review your photos and give you some editing tips.This workshop is great for all levels. Whether you’re new to photography or have more experience. I'll take you to some of Palma’s coolest spots and help you capture the best shot each time.
Available: All year
Minimum age: 18 years.
Please be at your pickup location in time for your departure. Should your pickup location be at a bus stop and you need assistance finding it, seek guidance in your Hotel's reception or contact your tour provider directly.
What will I need
You’ll be required to bring a digital SLR or professional compact camera with full manual exposure to this walking tour. If you don’t have a suitable camera then I can provide one for the day – please just let me know in advance that you will need to borrow a camera.
It will also help if you have a basic knowledge of camera lenses, aperture, shutter speed and ISO including exposure modes. If you are new to photographythen starting with the Beginners class is a good idea but if you are limited with the time we will go along with what we have as far as knowledge.
What will I learn
During the s photography workshop we will cover the following topics:
- Location – how to choose the best location and find interesting subjects
- Lenses – the types of lenses and focal lengths you’ll need for creating interesting photography images
- Composition – how to use natural elements around you to enhance your images
- Technical skills – everything you need to know including shutter speed, aperture, ISO and DOF
- Focusing – the importance of focus in photography (automatic, manual, tracking focusing, single focusing, continuous focusing)
- Motion – explore motion techniques such as blurring a subject, freezing a subject, panning and time delay
- Multiple opportunities to shoot with me and chance to observe me at work, learn tricks and techniques, and receive instant feedback and guidance. All shooting is done in pairs/triples, so there is never a crowd of cameras.
- This is a very personal experience – each participant gets my full attention.
- Daily critiques of freshly taken photos. An each workshop day ends group discussion about photos and I will help you to select best photos.
- A regular feedback on the work you produce and on the way you work.
- A guaranteed vast improvement of your photographic skills – understanding what makes a good picture, understanding the light and composition, understanding the editing process, higher personal confidence to approach and photograph people.
- Unforgettable experiences of visiting fascinating places with a like minded group of photography enthusiasts. You all love travelling and photography, there will so much to talk about over the beer!
- You will most probably take some of the best pictures of your life during the workshop. Your photography and understanding of it will be very different after attending my workshop.
- Not only your photography will change, but you as well. Everything will be different.