Lifestyle Family Photography Workshop
Every family has a story and the ordinary day has so many little moments worth capturing. Family photography can be so much more than a stiff portrait. You can turn your passion for family and love into deep and emotive portraits. These portraits will be pieces of fine art for the families who you capture and your work can be meaningful and powerful for both you and your clients. We are here not only to tell you what to see, but also where to look. In this full day workshop we will discuss everything from personal artistic development to guiding, posing, and interacting with families. There will be two parts of the workshop, explaining tips for the newborn session and one on location family session. You get to see first hand how I execute a lifestyle session and lifestyle family session.
About Lifestyle Family Photography Workshop
Is this course for me?
To get the best out of this workshop, it is preferable to have basic understanding of camera lenses, aperture, shutter speed and ISO including exposure modes. If you have never used a professional camera before we recommend to take our Beginners Workshop to speed up a process.
You’ll also be required to have a digital SLR or professional compact camera with full manual exposure. But don’t worry if you don’t have a camera or the accessories – I am more than open to borrow one for the workshop free of charge – please just let me know in advance you will need equipment.
What will I need
For the Lifestyle Family Photography Workshop it is preferable to have both compact cameras and digital SLR with single lens reflex. If you do not own one of these cameras you are still very welcome to attend the course and hire one of mine DSLR cameras free of charge. Please let me know in advance if you will need to hire a camera so that I can make sure we have one available.
What will I learn?
During the workshop we will cover the following topics:
- Introduction – explore the many different types of family photography including lifestyle portraits, head and shoulder, posed portraits, indoor VS outdoor composition and etc.
- Lighting – learn how to enhance your photos with natural, artificial, direct and soft lighting
- Camera settings – use the full potential of your camera features to create great portraits, action portraits and compositions and slow motion
- Aperture and depth of field – understand these photography elements in details and learn how to use it effectively in this type of photography
- Composition – discuss the different types of composition in family lifestyle photography
- Backgrounds – learn how to choose appropriate backgrounds for your images
- Working with your model – How to work with families to execute family lead posing
- Newborn led posing
- Creating moments and connection with families
- Finding your dream clients and client relations
- Confidence Accessories – play with different accessories which will transform your images – from reflectors,props to windows.