Long/Advanced photography course
Willing to commit yourself for the days? Then by the end of the course you will be a better photographer – guaranteed. Whether you want to step up your game and become very proficient behind the camera, taking pictures like a real pro or you have a passion for photography and need some guidance by expert who can unlock your potential then the Advanced Photography Course is for you.The course has been made for people with a great interest for photography and who would like to learn or improve their skills and learn how to take great photos. The Long Advanced Digital photography course includes theory and practical work, also indoor/outdoor shooting techniques.
This is a great way to develop your photographic skills and to explore possibilities that photography gives you. This course will give you the advance tools and techniques you need to create the professional and creative photographs and we will focus on the importance of “creating” rather than “taking” a photograph.
What will I need
For the Long Advanced Photography Course you will need a digital SLR camera or a professional compact camera with full manual exposure. You will also need good knowledge of how to use it and a basic knowledge of shutter speed, aperture, camera lenses and ISO. If you do not own one of these cameras you are still very welcome to attend the course and hire one of mine DSLR cameras free of charge. Please let me know in advance if you will need to hire a camera so that I can make sure we have one available.
What will I learn?
Over the ten day course we’ll cover the following topics:
- Camera settings – explore advanced settings and commands on DSLR cameras
- Lenses – learn about lens selection, accessories and fine adjustment of your lens and focusing
- Advanced Focus – learn about hyperfocal distance and how to take sharp images of still or moving objects
- Light Meter – metering your subject and metering modes explained in detail
- Flash – how to achieve greater images using your flashgun / speedlite
- Filters – understand the effects and appropriate use of different filters for different types of photography (fashion, portrait, landscape etc)
- Taking Advantage of Depth of Field: You will learn how can you bring you photos to the next level by understanding a little more about this subject.
- How to Control DoF
- When to use a Shallow vs. a Large DoF
- Accessories – learn about camera accessories which can enhance photographs including reflectors, diffusers and light shapers.As one of the basic must-haves for every serious photographer will research types of reflectors and all the possibilities that different reflectors provide ample opportunities to improve and enhance the lighting of your photography. Also how to choose the right reflector for your photography
- Color balance-We will focus on the role of a color balance that changes the mixture of colors in a photograph and it’s used for color correction
- White Balance-setting your camera to help you produce a natural looking coloration in your image. The goal of white balance is to achieve the most accurate colors possible.
- Exposure – all advanced exposure techniques covered including exposure bracketing, exposure compensation and the magic triangle dynamics
- More on composition – As you start to learn more on composition, you may want to learn what makes a good photo and what makes the difference between an average photo and a remarkable photograph. So you will explore setting (or environment), depth-of-field, the subject, lighting (either ambient or artificial), balance, the use of lines, how space is utilized, the uses of color and contrast. Perspective plays an import role. The placement of the subject, as well as the background and foreground. Creativity in creating the unique style will also be one of the topics for research.
- Story telling -Photography is about communication between the photographer and the viewer. It’s all about the photographer telling their story through an image. So you will learn what makes for a great image.
- Landscape and portrait photography in basic-We will explore some great tips that can set you up to start making beautiful landscape and portrait photos and further on develop your creativity
- Photo editing:
- Post Production Considerations
- Photo Editing Workflow
- What Photo Editing Software Should I Use
- Shooting In RAW
- Hot to edit photos in Adobe Lightroom