Short/Advanced photography course
Want to develop your basic skills from taking nice snaps to powerful photographic images? This course has a goal to teach you the advantages of using digital technology in most creative way to get the most out of your camera. How to get your camera to catch what your eye sees or even beyond that to produce best pictures. The main focus will be on improving your image making, looking at light, composition, tone, texture but also exploring different fields of photography in a basic way such as landscape photography. Course starts from basics of photography and it is 5 days long. The course has been made for people with a great interest for photography and who would like to learn or improve basic skills or to learn how to take better photos. The basic digital photography course includes theory and practical work, also indoor/outdoor shooting techniques.
This is a great way to start your photographic adventure in a right way, to explore possibilities that photography gives you, whether it’s just a hobby, interest or you’d like to become professional in the future.
What will I need
For the Beginners Photography Short Course it is preferable to have both compact cameras and digital SLR with single lens reflex. If you do not own one of these cameras you are still very welcome to attend the course and hire one of mine DSLR cameras free of charge. Please let me know in advance if you will need to hire a camera so that I can make sure we have one available.
What will I learn?
Over the five day course we’ll cover the following topics:
- Advice on what equipment to buy if needed
- Lenses – focal length explained in depth and use of lenses – what lenses you need for each type of photography
- Light –Influence of light in photography, the main role and how important is light in a process of taking a photograph
- Exposure – exposure explained in depth including the three elements of exposure :shutter speed, aperture and ISO
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO – all explained in depth and the relationship in between them
- Using main settings: how to combine the 3 key settings in order to achieve the best exposure
- Understanding color in photography-Defining color as a component of light which is separated when it is reflected off of an object. Exploring three main properties; Hue, Value, and Saturation.
- Focusing System– learn how to bring your subjects in sharp focus and take clear high quality images
- Depth of field – main aspects of the depth of field and how to explore the effect that has to be generated and controlled in order to achieve the subject separation from the background
- Reflector basics-As one of the basic must-haves for every serious photographer will research types of reflectors and all the possibilities that different reflectors provide ample opportunities to improve and enhance the lighting of your photography. Also how to choose the right reflector for your photography
- Color balance-We will focus on the role of a color balance that changes the mixture of colors in a photograph and it’s used for color correction
- White Balance-setting your camera to help you produce a natural looking coloration in your image. The goal of white balance is to achieve the most accurate colors possible.
- More on composition – As you start to learn more on composition, you may want to learn what makes a good photo and what makes the difference between an average photo and a remarkable photograph. So you will explore setting (or environment), depth-of-field, the subject, lighting (either ambient or artificial), balance, the use of lines, how space is utilized, the uses of color and contrast. Perspective plays an import role. The placement of the subject, as well as the background and foreground. Creativity in creating the unique style will also be one of the topics for research.
- Story telling -Photography is about communication between the photographer and the viewer. It’s all about the photographer telling their story through an image. So you will learn what makes for a great image.
- Landscape photography in basic-We will explore some basic tips that can set you up to start making beautiful landscape photos and further on develop your creativity