Short/Basic photography course
Want to develop your skills from taking happy snaps to powerful photographic images? This course will teach you the advantages of using digital technology to get the most out of your camera. The main focus will be on improving your image making, looking at light, composition, tone, texture, as well as history, technical guides and buyer recommendations. Course start from basics of photography and it is 5 days long. Thw course has been made for people with a great interest for photography and who would like to learn or improve basic skills or to learn how to take better photos. The basic digital photography course includes theory and practical work, indoor/outdoor shooting techniques and a guide to shutter speed, exposure and flash use.
This is a great way to start your photographic adventure in a right way, whether it’s just a hobby, interest or you’d like to become professional in the future.
What will I need
For the Beginners Photography Short Course it is preferable to have both compact cameras and digital SLR with single lens reflex. If you do not own one of these cameras you are still very welcome to attend the course and hire one of mine DSLR cameras free of charge. Please let me know in advance if you will need to hire a camera so that I can make sure we have one available.
What will I learn?
Over the five day course we’ll cover the following topics:
- Introduction to photography for beginners- Info about history, origin of photography and some famous photographers
- Cameras – different types of cameras explained in depth: DSLR, compact, bridge and other cameras. Advice on what equipment to buy if needed
- Lenses – focal length explained in depth and use of lenses – what lenses you need for each type of photography
- Light –Influence of light in photography, the main role and how important is light in a process of taking a photograph
- Exposure – exposure explained in depth including the three elements of exposure:shutter speed, aperture and ISO
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO – all explained in depth and the relationship in between them
- Using main settings: how to combine the 3 key settings in order to achieve the best exposure
- Focusing System– learn how to bring your subjects in sharp focus and take clear high quality images
- Depth of field – main aspects of the depth of field and how this effect is generated and controlled in order to achieve the subject separation from the background
- Composition – The most important rules in composition and the composition elements
- Files and formats – different types of files that the camera can generate and what is the best option for you to choose
- Editing-Basic editing tips
- Camera maintenance and care – how to maintain your equipment to keep it in best condition especially when it comes to different types of environments.